In our 5th week, First Generation is happy to provide a $1,000 donation to the Valley Youth House through our “12 Weeks of Christmas” program – celebrating 40 years since they first provided services.
The Valley Youth House has grown tremendously over the years and is now serving at-risk young people and their families in over 100 residential facilities throughout Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Luzerne, Montgomery, Northampton, and Philadelphia Counties. About 90% of those served come from Lehigh & Northampton Counties.
The mission of the Valley Youth House is to provide prevention and intervention services, counseling, life skills and behavioral health services to abused, neglected, and homeless youth and their families. Their programs foster positive growth enabling at- risk youth and their families to become healthy, productive, responsible members of the community.
As government funding continues to decrease for the non-profit organizations, The Valley Youth House relies more and more on the support of the businesses and individuals in the community in order to continue the vision that was implemented many years ago. They aim to nurture the youth of tomorrow to become a vital and positive role model in their community, free of abuse and neglect that many have previously endured.
Can you become an influence in the lives of many children?
- Make a donation to support a specific project or program.
- Provide something on the VYH Wish List! Can you contribute a gift of clothing, school supplies, furniture, or a household item or two?
- Participate in Special Events. There is always a need for volunteers at the Annual Golf & Tennis Tournament, Gala, or Sporting Clays Tournament.
- Brighten a childs’ holiday through the Holiday Gift Program.
- Establish a Legacy Gift – showing your belief in the work they do now and for many years to come.
- Do you have time to spend with a child, instilling positive values in the future, by becoming a mentor.
Be sure to check back often. Who will receive the next donation from First Generation through The 12 Weeks of Christmas? Like First Generation on Facebook and follow @FirstGenCom on Twitter for more updates!
To learn more about First Generation, visit www.firstgencom.com.