First Generation has proudly made our eleventh $1,000 donation today to Victory House of Lehigh Valley through the “12 Weeks of Christmas” program. Victory House is a non-profit community-based organization in Bethlehem, PA, committed to addressing the problems of homeless men—veterans and non-veterans between the ages of 18 and 65. Since 1985, Victory House has helped over 3,500 homeless men regain their lives.
Their facility offers a 24-hour emergency shelter, transitional housing and supportive services to get both veteran and non-veteran men back on their feet. During their stay, these men take part in re-education programs and are required to give back to the community through community service.
In 2012, Victory House provided:
• Shelter on 11,936 nights for 111 homeless men
• Transitioning for 71 homeless men into independent housing
• 29,768 meals (including breakfast, lunch and dinner) to 111 men
• A resource for 45% unemployed homeless men to secure jobs with 94% maintaining employment
• 111 homeless men with a health assessment and/or health care services
• 77 (84%) of the 86 homeless men help with identifying the need for addictions services to remain drug and alcohol free
• 111 homeless men with referral and mental health services
• 111 homeless men with employment services and assistance
We urge you to donate your time and/or money to charities this holiday season. They are very important to our community and need our help! To learn how you can help Victory House, please visit the links below.
• Learn more about Victory House of Lehigh Valley
• Donate to Victory House of Lehigh Valley
• Volunteer at Victory House of Lehigh Valley
• Upcoming Victory House of Lehigh Valley Events
• Like Victory House of Lehigh Valley on Facebook
Be sure to check back often to see who will be receiving the next donation from First Generation through the 12 Weeks of Christmas! Like First Generation on Facebook and follow @FirstGenCom on Twitter for more updates!
To learn more about First Generation, visit www.firstgencom.com.